The Apple Hill Growers want to show their appreciation to neighbors for supporting local farms and wineries with the Locals Days 2023 celebration. Sept. 9 & 10 El Dorado County residents will receive special discounts from more than a dozen Apple Hill Growers.
“For more than a half century the Apple Hill Growers have been a part of the El Dorado County community and we have long depended on the support of our neighbors,” said Chris Delfino of Delfino Farms and president of the Apple Hill Growers Association. “Locals Days is our time to give back.”
Visitors just need to bring proof of residency to the following farms to be eligible for the deals:
- Apple Ridge Farms: unbaked, frozen pies for $15 (limit two)
- Drew Bean Farms: 15% off all food purchases
- Boeger Winery: 15% discount on all wine purchases
- Delfino Farms: free ice cream scoop with the purchase of a slice of pie
- Fudge Factory Farm: half price ice cream
- Grandpa’s Cellar: half price Apple Cider Slushees
- Harris Family Farm: get a free half dozen mini apple cider donuts with $20 purchase
- Hidden Star Camino: 10% off one flight of four hard ciders
- Jack Russell Farm Brewery & Winery: $10 32-ounce crowlers of beer and hard cider
- Lava Cap Winery: complimentary wine tasting
- Madroña Vineyards: enjoy two tastings for the cost of one
- O’Halloran’s Apple Trail Ranch: half off a box or bag of apples
- Pine-O-Mine Ranch: 10% off U-pick experiences (while supplies last)
- Rainbow Orchards: baker’s dozen (13) for the price of one dozen hot apple cider donuts
- Rucksack Cellars: Enjoy two tastings for the cost of one
- Smokey Ridge Ranch: 10% off U-pick flowers
- Wofford Acres Vineyards: complimentary tasting flight with the purchase of one bottle
Reservations may be required or recommended for some wineries so call ahead to ensure you have the best outdoor tasting experience. For more information on what’s in season and maps of the area, follow @applehillofficial on Facebook and Instagram for up-to-the-minute information.
About Apple Hill Growers
Founded in 1964, Apple Hill Growers are dedicated to supporting agriculture in El Dorado County. The organization began with 16 apple ranches and has grown to include unique fruit and veggie farms, wineries, B&Bs, flower gardens, Christmas tree farms and a day spa. The more than 50 farms of Apple Hill produce a variety of crops, including apples, berries, stone fruit, vegetables, wine grapes and flowers.