The final meeting of 2023 is on tap for Folsom City Council next Tuesday, Dec. 12. The official agenda was released on Thursday afternoon, indicating a number of key items to address before the close of the year, as well as the selection of Mayoral and Vice Mayoral roles for 2025.
Highlights from the agenda of the Dec. 12 meeting included a presentation that includes a Declaration Reaffirming Commitment to Promoting Inclusive Safe Environment and calls for “a cease to violence against civilians in Israel and Palestine.”The presentation item comes following two consecutive Folsom City Council meetings that saw chambers filled to standing room only with residents expressing disdain for the language in city’s earlier declaration regarding the Iraeli-Palestinian conflict. The complete declaration can be viewed in the active links below.
Additional presentations will include the honoring of Kikkoman Foods for its 25 years of service in the community and a declaration of Dec. 16 as Wreaths Across America Day.
Following the presentations, Tuesdays meeting will include a joint meeting and a public hearing of the City Council, Folsom Redevelopment Successor Agency, the Folsom Public Financing Authority, the Folsom Ranch Financing Authority, and the South of 50 Parking Authority. Folsom Ranch Special Tax Revenue bonds will be the primary focus of the joint meeting and hearing. Full details of the joint meeting and hearing can be reviewed below.
Among the many consent calendar items will be review of a Resolution Rejecting All Proposals for Maintenance of Parks, Trails & Pet Stations, and Public Works Areas. This resolution is related to costs of services for various contracted landscape services for city parks and requests the item be brought back with a reduction of services to reduce the rise in costs.
Additional items will include a resolution to authorize the purchase of the outfitting of new Folsom Fire pick up trucks with the needed emergency equipment, components; an agreement with Causey Consulting for professional consulting services for the preparation of the Sewer System Management Plan and Audit for Compliance with statewide waste discharge requirements; a pair of resolutions authorizing the execution of a Public Trail Easement for the Oak Parkway Trail between two property owners along Montrose Drive and the City of Folsom.
New business agenda items include a presentation on the city’s General Fund unassigned fund balance (reserves) Policy and direction to staff. Prior to moving to council’s request for the future agenda items, city manager report and council comments members of council will share their votes for the selection of Mayor and Vice Mayor for 2025.
Below, Folsom Times has provided Tuesday’s entire City Council agenda as provided on the City of Folsom’s website complete with live links to each topic so you can become well informed and engaged with your city happenings.
The City of Folsom welcomes resident’s interest and involvement in the city’s legislative process, including your attendance at any regular Folsom City Council meeting or participation online or by call in. Tuesday’s meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. at 52 Natoma Street.
To learn more about each of the topics and review city documents and materials associated with those topics, simply click on the BLUE HIGHLIGHTED LINE ITEMS to be taken to the city’s materials to learn more about the topic.
CALL TO ORDER
CONVENE JOINT MEETING
Joint meeting of the City Council, Folsom Redevelopment Successor Agency, the Folsom Public Financing Authority, the Folsom Ranch Financing Authority, and the South of 50 Parking Authority
JOINT MEETING CONSENT CALENDAR:
- 1.Receive and File the City of Folsom, the Folsom Redevelopment Successor Agency, the Folsom Public Financing Authority, the Folsom Ranch Financing Authority, and the South of 50 Parking Authority Monthly Investment Reports for the Month of September 2023
JOINT MEETING PUBLIC HEARING:
- 2.Folsom Ranch Financing Authority City of Folsom Community Facilities District No. 23 (Folsom Ranch) Improvement Area No. 2 Special Tax Revenue Bonds, Series 2024i. Resolution No. 11147 – A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Folsom Authorizing the Issuance of the City of Folsom Community Facilities District No. 23 (Folsom Ranch) Improvement Area No. 2 Special Tax Bonds, Series 2024, the Execution of an Indenture Providing therefor, Authorizing the Execution of a Local Obligation Purchase Contract, and Authorizing Necessary Actions and the Execution of other Documents in Connection therewithii. Resolution No. 011 – Folsom Ranch FA – A Resolution of the Governing Board of the Folsom Ranch Financing Authority Authorizing the Issuance, Sale, and Delivery of not to exceed $12,500,000 Aggregate Principal Amount of City of Folsom Community Facilities District No. 23 (Folsom Ranch) Improvement Area No. 2 Special Tax Revenue Bonds, Series 2024; Approving the Form and Substance of a Trust Agreement, Authorizing Modifications thereof and Execution and Delivery as Modified; Approving a Preliminary Official Statement, Authorizing Changes thereto and Execution and Delivery of an Official Statement to be Derived therefrom; Approving a Local Obligation Purchase Contract and a Bond Purchase Contract and Execution and Delivery of each, and Authorizing Related Actions Necessary to Implement the Proposed Financing
ADJOURN JOINT MEETING
RECONVENE REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
- 3.Resolution of Commendation Honoring Kikkoman Foods on their 25th Anniversary
- 4.Proclamation of the Mayor of the City of Folsom Proclaiming December 16, 2023 as Wreaths Across America Day
- 5.Declaration of the Folsom City Council Reaffirming Its Commitment to Promoting an Inclusive, Safe Environment For All
BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR:Members of the public are entitled to address the City Council concerning any item within the Folsom City Council’s subject matter jurisdiction. Public comments are limited to no more than three minutes. Except for certain specific exceptions, the City Council is prohibited from discussing or taking action on any item not appearing on the posted agenda.
CONSENT CALENDAR:Items appearing on the Consent Calendar are considered routine and may be approved by one motion. City Councilmembers may pull an item for discussion.
- 6.Receive and File SB-165 Annual Reports for Community Facilities Districts No. 13, No. 14, No. 2013-1, No. 16, No. 17, No. 18, No. 19, No. 20, No. 21, No. 22, and No. 23 to Comply with the Local Agency Special Tax Bond and Accountability Act
- 12-12-23 Staff Report SB 165 Annual Report FY 22-23.pdf (0.53 MB)
- 20231206160426.pdf (3.13 MB)
- 7.Resolution No. 11134 – A Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute Sewer Easement and Maintenance Agreements between the Property Owners of 115 Natoma Street, 210 Natoma Street, 216 Natoma Street, 308 Natoma Street, 310 Natoma Street, and 312 Natoma Street and the City of Folsom for the Construction of the Natoma Alley Rehabilitation and Replacement Project and Appropriation of Funds
- 8.Resolution No. 11135 – A Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Purchase Agreement with 911 Vehicle for Full Emergency Response Equipment and Emergency Lighting Installation for Four Fire Department Dodge Ram Pickup Trucks
- 9.Resolution No. 11136 – A Resolution Accepting the AB1600 Development Fees Annual Report for the Fiscal Year ended June 30, 2023
- 12-12-23 Staff Report and Res 11136 for packet.pdf (0.23 MB)
- 20231206162950.pdf (3.06 MB)
- 10.Resolution No. 11137 – A Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute an Agreement with Causey Consulting for Professional Consulting Services for the Preparation of the Sewer System Management Plan and Audit for Compliance with Statewide Waste Discharge Requirements
- 11.Resolution No. 11141 – A Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to execute a Communications Site License Agreement with Comcast Cable Communications Management, LLC, a Delaware Limited Liability Company, at 403 Stafford Street
- 12.Resolution No. 11143 – A Resolution Rejecting All Proposals for Maintenance of Parks, Trails & Pet Stations, and Public Works Areas
- 13.Resolution No. 11144 – A Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Public Trail Easement for the Oak Parkway Trail between the Property Owner of 339 Montrose Drive and the City of Folsom
- 14.Resolution No. 11145 – A Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Public Trail Easement for the Oak Parkway Trail between the Property Owner of 337 Montrose Drive and the City of Folsom
- 15.Resolution No. 11146 – A Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Public Trail Easement for the Oak Parkway Trail between the Property Owner of 341 Montrose Drive and the City of Folsom
- 16.Resolution No. 11139 – A Resolution to Adopt an Addendum to the Folsom Plan Area Specific Plan EIR/EIS and Approve a Specific Plan Amendment to Modify FPASP Table A.7 (Transportation, Communication, Infrastructure) to Add “Electronic Readerboard Sign” as a Conditionally Permitted Use on a Specific Property (Parcel 61 – APN No. 072-3190-052) Located at the Southwest Corner of the Intersection of U.S. Highway 50 and East Bidwell Street within the Folsom Plan Area (to be continued to the January 9, 2024 meeting)
- 17.Presentation on the City’s General Fund Unassigned Fund Balance (Reserves) Policy and Direction to Staff
SELECTION OF MAYOR AND VICE MAYOR FOR 2024:
- 18.Selection of Mayor and Vice Mayor