Spring is on the horizon and with its arrival will come plenty of home landscape and gardening projects that many are eager to get outside and tackle. Just in time for your project planning, the City of Folsom is holding Landscape Fest, a free event, to help you get started.
Slated for Saturday, March 25, Landscape Fest is a family-friendly event that will take place from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the new Mangini Ranch Elementary School.
The event will help residents learn many ways to to care for your landscape and trees, reduce your water use and will feature numerous exhibits and demonstrations. The event will offer free resources and giveaways, and activities for all ages.
According to Christine Brainerd, director of communications for the City of Folsom, just a few of the Landscape Fest features will include the following.
- Learn from experts about efficient irrigation practices, landscape design, tree care, water wise plants, city water rebates, green waste recycling, and more.
- City water conservation specialists will provide demonstrations and information about water-efficient technologies such as weather-based irrigation controllers, moisture sensors, and drip irrigation systems.
- The City of Folsom Waste & Recycling team will provide free kitchen pails for collecting food scraps and have an interactive sorting activity to help residents learn how to properly sort their waste.
- The Sacramento Tree Foundation will offer tree care tips, master gardeners will be on location to answer questions, and Green Acres Nursery & Supply will host an informational booth.
- Meet with city officials and public safety personnel.
- Free compost and wood chips will be available nearby at the future Prospector Park park site at 4578 Sparrow Drive. Piles are self-serve and require residents to bring their own shovels and containers to load and transport compost and mulch.
Families are encouraged to bring their children to the festival; games and activities will be available. The Mr. Leaky mascot will make special appearances, and the Folsom Public Library will host an activity booth for children and offer story times at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Participants may take part in raffles throughout the event. Attendees may purchase food, beverages, or treats from food trucks.
Mangini Ranch Elementary School is located South of Highway 50 in Folsom Ranch at 4640 Sparrow Drive, Folsom. For more information about the event, contact the City of Folsom at email@example.com or 916-461-6013.
Folsom Times -Local News Starts Here! Keep up with our daily news by following us on Facebook by clicking HERE.
© Copyright Folsom Times, All Town Media LLC