Tuesday night City Council returns to its chambers at Folsom City Hall for its regular meeting. This week’s agenda includes a number of items council members will review and consider for approval.
Tuesday’s meeting is expected to begin with business from the floor, which provides the public with opportunity to address City Council. Following the routine opener, council members and attendees will have the opportunity to view several presentations. The presentation portion of the meeting will be followed the consent calendar.
As your 24/7 online news source for all things Folsom, we are here to help you be informed and help you, as a community, to better understand and be engaged with the workings of your. Below, we have provided Tuesday’s City Council agenda as provided on the City of Folsom’s website complete with live links to each topic so you can become well informed of city hall happenings in your community.
The City of Folsom welcomes resident’s interest and involvement in the city’s legislative process, including your attendance at any regular Folsom City Council meeting or participation online or by call in.
To learn more about each of the topics and review city documents and materials associated with those topics, simply click on the BLUE HIGHLIGHTED LINE ITEMS to be taken to the city’s materials to learn more about the topic.
BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR:
Members of the public are entitled to address the City Council concerning any item within the Folsom City Council’s subject matter jurisdiction. Public comments are limited to no more than three minutes. Except for certain specific exceptions, the City Council is prohibited from discussing or taking action on any item not appearing on the posted agenda.
- 1.Proclamation of the City of Folsom Proclaiming September 17 through 23, 2023 as Constitution Week in the City of Folsom
- 2.Proclamation of the Mayor of the City of Folsom Proclaiming the Month of September 2023 as Prostate Cancer Awareness Month in the City of Folsom
- 3.Proclamation of the Mayor of the City of Folsom Proclaiming September as International Underground Railroad Month in the City of Folsom
- 4.Resolution of Commendation Honoring Snooks Chocolate Factory on their 60th Anniversary
- 5.Presentation of the 10th Annual Folsom Community Service Day
Items appearing on the Consent Calendar are considered routine and may be approved by one motion. City Councilmembers may pull an item for discussion.
- 6.Appointment of At-Large Member to the Folsom Landscaping and Lighting District Advisory Committee to Represent the Broadstone #3 District
- 7.Resolution No. 11098 – A Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute an Agreement with Ferguson Enterprises, LLC for the City of Folsom Compound Water Meter Replacement Program
- 8.Resolution No. 11099 – A Resolution Authorizing the Acceptance and Appropriation of the City of Folsom’s Share of Sacramento County Permanent Local Housing Allocation (PLHA) Grant Funds in the amount of $439,703
- 9.Resolution No. 11100 – A Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Contract with LEED Mechanical for the City Hall Boiler & HVAC Replacement Project and Appropriation of Funds
- 10.Resolution No. 11101 – A Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Construction Agreement with St. Francis Electric LLC for the East Bidwell / Iron Point Road / US50 Onramp Improvement Project and Appropriation of Funds
- 11.Landmark Tree Update – Urban Forester Recommendations to Establish Two New Landmark Grove Designations
- 12.Resolution No. 11102 – A Resolution of Consideration of the City Council of the City of Folsom to Amend the Rate and Method of Apportionment for Improvement Area No. 6 within the City of Folsom Community Facilities District No. 23 (Folsom Ranch) and Related Matters
- 13.Consideration of the Selection of Two City Council Members to Serve on the Economic Development Consultant Proposal Review Committee