The Thanksgiving holiday arrives this Thursday, November 23. While many places of businesses will be open for holiday pleasures, an array of city services and facilities will be closed or operating under special hours Thursday and Friday this week. Here is a look at what is open and what is not.
City administrative offices will be closed Thursday and Friday, November 23 and 24 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. For urgent city issues, call 916-461-6400. Call 9-1-1 for life-threatening emergencies.
- Garbage service will be provided as usual; please place your cans curbside by 6 a.m. on your regular day of service.
- Transit services will not be available through the Folsom Stage Line operated by SacRT on Thanksgiving Day, November 23.
- The Folsom Fire Department administrative services located at 535 Glenn Drive, will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- The Folsom Public Library will be closed Thanksgiving Day, November 23.
- The Folsom City Zoo Sanctuary is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thanksgiving Day for the annual Feast for the Animals event, and regular hours from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday through Sunday.
- The Andy Morin Sports Complex is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, and closed Thursday through Sunday.
- The Steve Miklos Aquatic Center is closed Thursday and Friday, and open regular hours from 10:30 a.m. to noon Saturday for lap swim.
- The FIDO Field Dog Park will be open from 7 a.m. to one hour after sunset.
- The Folsom Skate and Bike Parks are closed Thanksgiving Day, and open from 1 to 5 p.m. Friday, and regular hours Saturday and Sunday.
- The Folsom Senior Center, Folsom Art Center, and Gallery at 48 Natoma are closed.
- Fun Factory, Kindergarten Readiness, and the after-school CAVE programs are closed.
With the exception of the operation of our breaking news line, Folsom Times offices will be closed Thursday-Friday. We wish everyone a safe and joyous holiday however you choose to spend it. We are grateful for your community support and readership as well.